Sugar Baby

Today I went riding after church.
First time in years.
almost ten years to be exact.
and it. was. awesome.

DAY 6
I'm grateful for my horse.


This little girl right here ^^^^
Makes my day  10,982,398,561,987,234  times better.
Yes that is the real number.
[okay not really, but you get my point,
      she makes me really really happy]

I remember when she was born. It was during the summer. I got a call from my Grandpa and he said
"come meet your new friend"
I was ridiculous amounts of excited. We became the best of friends almost instantly.
Gramps decided on the name 'Sugar' because he thought it would be interesting  to see if she would eat a mint. From then on she was hooked.
If you go visit her without some form of candy, she gets ticked and tries to eat your shoes.

There was a while there that I hated her.
Okay, I didn't really hate her,
I just hated the farm.
Hated getting dirty, hated the smell.

How I hated this, I'll never know:


[and no, none of these pictures were photoshopped in any way, shape, or form]

So Gramps made the executive decision to loan her to someone who would  put her to good use.
She was trained as a team roping horse.
[Unfortunately, I can't rope.]

Then she was gone. for almost five years. Then one day I was with Tauni, on our way to get rodeo tickets,
drove past my grandparent's house and BAM! there's my baby chillin' in the pasture.
I cried because I was so happy.

I'm also grateful for my friends who are willing to go riding with me at the 
drop of a hat.
[a cowboy hat to be precise] 
heh pun intended

Overall, it was a solid day.
Awesome day at church, awesome day of riding, awesome dinner (thanks parents!).

Now I just have to cross my fingers that I can walk in the morning.
Right now I'm a little saddle sore -as in I can't feel my butt. or legs.
I'll let ya'll know tomorrow if I made it up the hill to class.

OH!
I'm ALSO grateful for daylight savings time.
that's self explanatory.
college student = never turning down an  opportunity to get more sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"This life is what you make it... You're going to mess up sometimes, just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie?" -Marilyn Monroe

Followers

Powered by Blogger.