Legacy

DAY 20
I'm thankful for the legacy that has been left for me to follow by my family.



Great Grandma Kaye:
I learned so many things from Gramma. I learned that family always comes first. I learned that the comfort of others should be placed above the comfort of yourself. I learned that patience is a virtue. and sometimes it is
overrated [I'll fill you in on that later on, it's a funny story].



Grandma and Grandpa Tarbet:
These have taught me that hard work and determination [and sometimes sheer spite] will get you far in life.
Although you may not be recognized for your efforts, it is all worth it because, chances are, you learned something about yourself in the process.

I also learned my love of animals from my Grandpa Jim, he owns the farm, so he is my boss, but he also shows a genuine care for the animals that we tend to. It's because of him that I wanted to be a vet
for the majority of my childhood.


Grandma Pickett:
What can I say, Gramma is my best friend. I can talk to her about anything, no matter how embarrassed or frustrated I am, she can always make me feel better. She has taught me how to laugh at myself. It's something that I have applied so many times that I know now, it isn't silly.

She has taught me that it is okay to drop everything to help someone. it is okay to give your whole, best self to someone, and to apply everything that you learn to life, because at some point, it will help you.



Grandpa Pickett:
I learned in the latest days of Grandpa's life that family truly is everything. It took me 18 years and a very rough couple of weeks to learn that. [in yet another post I will tell you why it took me so long to realize this]

I learned that giving 100% of yourself, no matter how sick or in pain you are, will make or break a relationship. I learned how important it is to marry your best friend.

I learned that having a fancy house, or a perfect family isn't important. what is truly most important is that you have a relationship with your family, and that you tell them that you love them every single day because things can change more quickly than anyone will ever anticipate.


I am so thankful for these people, and the things that they have taught me. Without these lessons, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. and I am looking forward to the future lessons that I learn through these legacies that are given me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"This life is what you make it... You're going to mess up sometimes, just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie?" -Marilyn Monroe

Followers

Powered by Blogger.