Month of Thanks

So ya'll remember on my bucket list how I said that I wanted to keep a gratitude journal?
well guess what.
This is it.
That's right kids.
For the next month I'll be posting something every. single. day.
[we'll see how well that goes..]

so here it is.

Day 1
I'm grateful for the opportunities that I have.

I think that I am a habitual quitter. like literally. Let's make a list of everything that I have quit:

When I was a kid I wanted to do dance
I know, cute huh.
Anyway I did dance for three years.
Then I quit.

I quit dance to do cheer. I was a cheerleader for three years
[unfortunately my cheer pictures are lost at the current time]
Then I quit.

I quit cheer to
Whatplay piano.
How long: for five years.
Why: because one of my
best friends is a-mazing and I wanted to be just. like. her.
So I took lessons from her mom.
Then I quit.

All this time I had been somewhat 'hired' to work on my grandpa's farm.
[More like drafted.]
One day I just decided that I hated it.
I hated the farm.
I hated the cows.
I hated the smell.
I hated the mud.
I even hated my horse.
After practically all of my childhood
[all whoppin' 14 years]
I quit.

Anyway,
I quit piano to play clarinet.
Good old band was my life for four years.
Man, I loved it.
I had some good times. and no, I DID NOT go to band camp.
I wasn't even in marching band. aaanyway. I quit.

Somewhere in the midst of the cheer dropping and piano picking up,
I found my new love.
Softball.

In case you haven't noticed.
I loved softball.
a lot.
An explanation for this quitting will come later,
but yes. I even quit this.

I quit band to pursue my softball career in hopes of playing in the "big leagues," college.

In reality, the only thing that I have stuck with is school and church.
I don't know if this counts or not.
But I love school. I always have.
As much as I complain about it I love learning.
I just hate the homework and the collegiate workload.
I stick with church because it has literally saved my life. more than once.
I'll probably offer an explanation for that later also.

Anyway, yep.
I am "Exhibit A" of what it is to be a quitter.
Thankfully I have a family that is willing to support me through my ridiculous mind-changing throughout the years.
And it doesn't help to have some friends in low places. or maybe high places. who knows.

The moral of the story is:
"I've been lucky.
Opportunities don't often come along.
So, when they do, you have to grab them."
-Audrey Hepburn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"This life is what you make it... You're going to mess up sometimes, just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie?" -Marilyn Monroe

Followers

Powered by Blogger.