2013: The Beginning

So as of late, I've been kind of.... lost.
I mean, I keep it together, after all that is what I do best.
But I've been wandering.
And I don't mean wandering in a good way.

It's been one of those
What am I doing?
Am I really supposed to do this?
Is this really where I'm supposed to be?
Am I insane for adding another major and changing everything around?
kind of things.






















As in questioning basically everything in my life.
Even those things that I know deep down are real.
Things like school, religion, family, etc.

I've been so wrapped up in myself lately.
I don't mean in a conceited way, I mean like lost in my own head.
Letting in thoughts that I know are not from the spirit, nor are good for me.






















Today in sacrament meeting I was sitting there, listening to all these other people, really strong people, sharing their testimonies of the Church and about the things that come with a new year. Then next thing I know I am walking up to the pulpit-- from the very back row.

So after this walk of shame, it was like some completely different person started talking. Everything I said was true, and came from real experiences that I have had lately, but I just hadn't made the connection
until I started talking.
It went something like this:


I was walking my horse the other day (she was being a snot and needed to learn a lesson so we were walking on my terms instead of on hers) and I was asking myself a bunch of questions and stressing about things that I really didn't need to worry about.


Next thing I know, Sugar STOMPS on my foot. and when I say stomp, I mean like pick-foot-completely-up-slam-it-down- lean-full-weight-into-foot-for-an-extended-period kind of stomp. I was crying by the time she got off.

Anyway, she stomped on my toes while I was mid pity party and I had this thought, actually it was more of a
brick to the head kind of thought of
I don't need to worry about this stuff.



















I don't need to stress about the fact that I am only a year away from graduating and I am changing my major completely around. I don't need to- nor do I have the right to- question God or His timing.

I don't need to worry about things that are so far down the road. I have so many things left to do, and those paths could, and probably will, take me far from what and where I thought I would be.

It was like the feeling of the last 4 months of self-loathing, loneliness, depression, confusion, and darkness was lifted for a minute. Don't get me wrong, I still feel that. Even today, six hours after this experience. I don't think it will ever go fully away, at least not for a while. But there for a while it was like I could
finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I could breathe. and it was incredible.


























PS did I mention that 13 is my favorite number? therefore 2013 is going to be MY YEAR.
I can feel the winds of change blowing again, and last time they did, it led me to the greatest adventure of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"This life is what you make it... You're going to mess up sometimes, just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie?" -Marilyn Monroe

Followers

Powered by Blogger.