Recap: My Great Gramma

So back in November I said that there was a funny story about my Great Grandma Kaye about patience in a doctor's office. Well kids, here it is,
imma tell you the story.


One day, I didn't have school so I was spending the day with my Grandma and her mom, Gramma Kaye.
Well, Great-Grandma had a doctor's appointment that morning at 9.
We got all loaded up in the car and took our drive just a couple of miles down the road to the clinic.

I loved the Highlights magazines when I was a little kid, and let's face it, what else is there to do in the doctor's office except read outdated magazines?
I claimed a seat and a magazine while my Grandma got all checked in. I was doing the monthly
"Where's Waldo?" puzzle in the magazine when my Grandma(s) came to sit down.

Not even five minutes after sitting, myGreat Grandma looked at her watchand said, "It's exactly 9 o'clock."
My Grandma said,"Mother, calm down,he'll call you back when heis good and ready for you."
She just made a snootyface like "don't you tell me that."

Then, a whole two minutes later,Great Grandma started freaking outvery loudly saying,
"WHERE THE HELL IS HE?IT'S 9:02. MY APPOINTMENTIS FOR 9:00. I EXPECT TO BE
EXAMINED AT 9:00!"

My Grandma and I[along with everyone else in the office]instantly busted out laughing.
Great Grandma didn't think itwas very funny.She then said,
"WHAT?!  I HAVE PLACES TO GO.
PEOPLE TO SEE. SHIT TO DO."

I just looked at her and said,
"Grandma. You're 90 years old.What do you think you're going to do?!"

Again, the whole office was erupting in laughter.I learned that day that sometimes
patience is overrated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"This life is what you make it... You're going to mess up sometimes, just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie?" -Marilyn Monroe

Followers

Powered by Blogger.