It's Up To You

I am LDS.
I don't think I mentioned that before; but it's true, I am, and I love it.



I've been in a sort of strange mood lately.
Not strange as in I am acting differently, I just feel more grateful and more aware of the many blessings that I have in my life.
Tonight at Institute [it's basically a religion class for those who don't know] we were talking about the heart and about aligning our lives with God and accepting His will.
Brother Roberts [my teacher], has repeated several times over the last few weeks of class that
EVERY DAY IS A PERFECT DAY
Yes, we're going to screw up, but we are able to make every day perfect by pouring out our hearts and minds to the Lord and He will make us perfect. 
I just think that that is an incredible thing; that the Lord of all would be willing to make every day of our lives perfect through the Atonement. What a promise!

Another thing about aligning our will with the Lord's. Brother Roberts also said tonight that "sometimes you think you're going to go down the highway of life, but the Lord will send you off on a dirt road, and sometimes even out into the middle of a field before you realize that that was exactly what you needed at the time."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"This life is what you make it... You're going to mess up sometimes, just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie?" -Marilyn Monroe

Followers

Powered by Blogger.